Fashion related (and totally non-fashion related) things that have made my world go round over the last seven days…
- Eleanor Hardwick. Super talented teen photographer who I fell in love with when I saw her work at a Here Gallery exhibition a few years ago. I was a student at the time and parting with £80 (or around that sum) for a photograph wasn’t even remotely an option. Now Hardwick’s images sell for around £300, even further out of my league, despite being a grown-up with a wage.
- Calling Germany. One of my bridesmaids moved to Berlin last year to follow her growing career as a freelance journalist. She reports on everything from the economy to the unrest in Syria – a world away from what I write about! It’s been ages since we spoke but on Monday we had a proper catch-up over the phone, which was lovely.
- New blogs. Since getting back into the blogging game I’ve stumbled across so many fab blogs, including Elycia and Almost Delightful – both of which have gone straight to the top of my Bloglovin‘ list.
- Early V Day dinner. Mr Ship-Shape and I don’t really do anything for Valentine’s Day, but we do always make a point of cooking a meal and eating it together. This is probably what happens for most of you every night, but our kitchen is so small, and our tastes so varied, that we choose to cook separately most of the time. As he is away for work next week, we decided to make Friday our cooking date, making Jamie Oliver’s epic Happy Fish Pie from his latest cookbook. Words can only begin to express how flipping tasty it was, so here are a couple of photos to demonstrate.
- Poladroid. Turns regular photos into a digital version of a Polaroid. Since Impossible Project film is really expensive and a bit hit and miss with it’s exposure times, this app is perfect for a instant photography fan like me. It’s another gem that I learned about by reading Almost Delightful.
What has been rocking your world this week? Let me know by commenting below….