Fashion related (and totally non-fashion related) things that have made my world go round over the last seven days…
- Company High Street Edit S/S12. I’ve geeked out before about how much I love this biannual magazine, and this season is no exception. I’m only half way through it and I already have a shopping list as long as my arm, plus an ongoing admiration for the amount of awesome prints there are on the high street this season.
- A random Thursday on North Street. I don’t venture down to Bedminster/Southville that much these days, but after a long day at work, S and I decided to spend the evening drinking and ranting about life in The Spotted Cow, and eating lots of divine tapas in the Tobacco Factory. I had a wicked and unexpected evening and I look forward to more of the same once summer arrives – The Spotted Cow has a fantastic beer garden!
- DIY. It’s been a bit of a dividing acronym in our new house, particularly when I had a spirit level dropped on head, and when Mr Ship-Shape trapped his finger while trying to open a canister of poly-filler stuff, but the house is starting to look good and a few more boxes have been unpacked – hurrah!
- Page One. On Friday night I went to see Page One: A Year Inside The New York Times, at the Arnolfini. This was followed by The Benn Debate 2012, a debate on how the recent phone hacking scandal has affected the public’s confidence in journalists and the newspaper industry, featuring a panel that included Christopher Jeffries and Mike Norton, Editor of the Bristol Evening Post. Both were utterly fascinating, particularly the film, which I would recommend to media types and anyone with a vague interest in the decline of traditional print media and daily newspapers.
- Bristol Fashion Week. It’s only days away and I can’t wait to see the show on Friday. I mentioned in my Something For The Weekend post that the link to buy tickets was broken, but fortunately it’s fixed now, so if you want to come along, click here for more info.
What has been rocking your world this week? Let me know by commenting below….