Let me preface this post by saying that although I’ve started it with a whopping great big photo of the goody bag I received at Saturday’s Bristol Blogger Meet, or #bbmeet (yeah, it’s got it’s own hashtag, and what?), this post is about more than the goodies…
The weekend was one of the most fashion-packed I’ve had in ages, and it kicked off with the Bristol Blogger Meet at Cabot Circus on Saturday. After having a cheeky morning massage at the Sanctuary Spa in Quakers Friars, I hotfooted it over to Frankie & Benny’s to attend the meet, organised by Sasha and Alessia.
I bumped in to Jen and Grace on the way in and we took a seat at one of two tables filled with bloggers from across the South West. As with events like this, it was a hive of chatter, activity and LOTS of cameras, and although I didn’t get to meet everyone, I did chat to Gina and Carly – and preceded to kick myself for not ordering pancakes and bacon when I saw her breakfast arrive!
It was so nice to making new blogging friends and see old faces, and I think everyone who attended will agree that Sasha and Alessia did a terrific job of hosting the event, not to mention putting together the heaviest goody bags ever!
Blogging shouldn’t just be about the freebies – they are a perk of attending an event, but not an essential ingredient, especially from a blogger meet, so it’s always nice to take home a few goodies – from press releases and samples to nibbles and sweets (always a winner with me).
As a result, I don’t normally wax lyrical about the contents of said bags, but thought it only right to share some of the products here.
My #bbmeet goody bag* contained:
- Samples of Blinc eyeliner and mascara
- Aroma Squeeze Me lavender and bergamot stress ball
- Benefit Fine One One lip and cheek trio
- nspa Hot Cloth Polish
- Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil hand & nail cream
- The Little Bubble Co. Mango Delight shower gel (just seen)
- Gardenia of London Lavender & Sweet Pea body spray
- A selection of Metique Tea Tree Oil samples
- Xen-Tan Luminous Gold Gel
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company eyelash curlers
- Red glitter bow hair clip from Jen, aka Head of Feathers
- A selection of samples including Glam Glow Youth Mud, Vichy Deep Cleansing Gel, derma e cleanser and Aime Cooling Clay Mask
- Makebelieve Enhance Luminize Skin Highlighter
- Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil night cream + Moroccan Argan Oil day cream (not seen)
- Avène Cleanance Gel
- DGJ Organics Berutti Oil
- Skincare samples from La Roche-Posay and Vichy
- A hand written thank you note from Sasha and Alessia.
Phew, that lot should keep me busy for a while! Thanks again to Sasha and Alessia for such a fun afternoon. If any of you attended and I didn’t get a chance to meet you, please feel free to leave a link to your site in the comments, or come find me at @ShipShapeBF.
*I’m not sure if all of these products will suit my skin, so any samples that I wont use will be donated to Give and Makeup – if you have any unwanted new or nearly-new hair and beauty products, check them out as your unwanted goods could make a real difference to other women.