Fashion related (and totally non-fashion related) things that have made my world go round over the last seven days…
- Olympic fever. This week Mr Ship-Shape and I went to watch the quarter finals of the Men’s Basketball in London. Although we didn’t get to see Team GB in action, we had a fantastic day, and at home I’ve been consuming London 2012 coverage like water – I’ll actually be a bit sad when it finishes tonight!
- #wkendbloglove. This month Hayley has written about her blogging pet peeves, and also her blogging loves, dedicating this weekend to tweeting about the blogs/bloggers she loves. One of the things I like about Hayley is that she doesn’t mince her words, and is frequently selfless by doing this kind of thing, not to mention setting up the UK blogger map. I recommend you check out her blog and of course all the lovely bloggers she’s been tweeting about this weekend – you won’t be disappointed!
- Garden flowers. How beautiful are these powder pink roses? When we bought the house we inherited a gorgeous rose tree, and over the last couple of weeks its rose hips have been blooming into delicate, blush coloured flowers. There are so many roses that I thought I’d bring a few inside to brighten up our living room. I’d love to use the flowers and/or rose hips in other ways, so if any of you have any cooking or DIY beauty uses for these, I’d love to hear about them.
- This week also saw the passing of a fashion icon, as the writer Anna Piaggi died at the age of 81. I fell in love with her unique look and way of working (such as those iconic D.P.s) at a V&A exhibition in 2006. I republished a post about why I think she’s wonderful here.
- Finally, in the spirit of #wkendbloglove, here are a few blogs I’ve recently discovered… A Rosie Outlook, Trinket Box and my Bristolian lovelies Annie by Amy and Beautiful Plumage.
What’s been rocking your world this week? Let me know by commenting below…