Fashion related (and totally non-fashion related) things that have made my world go round over the last seven days…
- The return of Gossip Girl. A royal wedding, the ongoing saga of Chuck and Blair, frock-tastic fashion and very pretty male cast members – what’s not to love? This week I had to restrain myself from clicking on Grazia’s Gossip Girl 100th episode spoilers – torture!
- Getting bendy. Every Monday for the past year I’ve attended a weekly yoga class. I swear I’m about as flexible as a pencil, and the yoga classes, while relaxing, only confirm this. However, this week I was pleasantly surprised to find I really enjoyed it, wasn’t complity atrocious at it and was closer to touching my toes than I have been since I started – result!
- Getting lost in Lomography. The only official Lomography shop in the UK outside London lives in Manchester. We went there this weekend for a gig and when I discovered this shop I was so excited I asked if I could take a photo of their amazing lomo wall, above. I wanted every camera in the shop and Mr Ship-Shape had a job persuading me to leave.
- Post-work drinks. I’ve been out twice this week for dinner and drinks with my new colleagues – once to Start The Bus – which I bloody love, and have enjoyed wine, cider, nachos and sweet potato burgers – nom!
- Dancing like a maniac to live music. As I’m quite short I tend to hide at the back or to the side of gigs, thus normally being able to see at least the heads of the people on stage, rather than being thrown around like a rag doll in the middle of a mosh pit. Last night I was at the very front of a Whiskycats gig, was able to see all the way down to the band’s trousers, see photographic evidence, above, and had a wicked time dancing with 500 other fans – brilliant Saturday night!
- Weekend papers. If you include all the supplements (appart from Sports) these usually take me till the following Sunday to read. I love it though, even if I do get my news at a slightly slower pace! Today I have mostly been reading: Independent on Sunday.
What has been rocking your world this week? Let me know by commenting below….